Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Now Introducing Duck Soup!

Duck Soup is a hodgepodge of crafters (we sew, scrapbook, stamp, make jewelry, knit, crochet, quilt, paint . . . you name it) in Western North Alabama that have banded together to help each other.

(From Merrium Webster's Online Dictionary) Duck Soup: noun - something easy to do

When I think of crafting, sewing and making things with my hands I usually smile. I enjoy doing what I do in my spare time, I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it. There seems to be a surge of people (mainly ladies) taking part in this "Return to Home-Made". This surge combined with easy access to today's technology has brought about new resources like Etsy and Splitcoast Stampers for the home crafter.

However, it is still difficult to get your name, product and ideas out there without spending multiple weekends away from home sitting at craft fairs that cost goodness knows what. Word of mouth is still the best marketing tool out there, but is there more?

We are attempting an "old-school" style of business management and marketing. . . a cooperative (of sorts). The idea of "together we can accomplish more" is a great one, but will it work for us? This is our experiment.

~SarahsStampin~

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I'm interested. Send me more info on what I would need to do. :)

    ReplyDelete